If you want to refund a customer, please follow these steps:
- Refund the customer in the SumUp dashboard or via the SumUp app
- Restock the product and send a confirmation email to the customer in Online Store dashboard
Refund the customer in the SumUp dashboard or via the SumUp app.
As payments are processed using SumUp, transactions must be refunded through the SumUp Dashboard, rather than the Online Store Dashboard.
In the SumUp dashboard:
If you are on the Online Store dashboard, navigate back to the SumUp dashboard by clicking < Back in the main menu.
In the SumUp dashboard, click on Sales and find the relevant transaction.
Click the refund icon on the box to the right of the screen, enter the amount you wish to refund > Click Next > Enter the password for your SumUp account > Click Confirm.
In the SumUp app:
- Open the SumUp App and log in with the email address and password of your SumUp Account.
- Access your sales history by tapping the Sales icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the transaction you wish to refund. Then, tap the three dots in the top-right of the Transaction successful box and select Refund transaction.
- Enter the amount you wish to refund.
- Confirm the refund by entering the password of your SumUp account.
Refunds will reach your customer in around 1-3 business days.
Restock the product and send a confirmation email to the customer in Online Store dashboard
Return to the store dashboard to complete the following:
- Restock the products in your inventory
- Send an email to the customer informing them of the return
Go to Orders > select an order and click on Issue a refund.
Select which products you would like to return and then mark the appropriate actions. You can only send a message if you create the appropriate email template. ‘Refund money to customer account’ is only available if you are using Shoplo Payments to process transactions.