In this article:
- How to create a new category
- How to add products to a category and determine their order
- How to create subcategories and change the order of categories
How can I create a new category?
You can create a new category by going to Products> Categories > + Categories
1. Add a category name.
2. You have the option to add photos*, a description and SEO info.
*Only some themes support displaying a photo collection.
How can I add products to a category and determine their order?
Go to Products > Categories > Click on Arrange.
Here you can add products to the categories and set their order.
You can change the order of the products in four ways:
- grab the bottom right corner and drag it to the desired place
- Click on three dots and select the appropriate option
- select several products and select the desired option from the menu at the bottom
- select the order based on the default drop-down menu
You can also add a product to a category directly from the Product tab > Click on the product > Click on Organise and select the appropriate category.
How can I create subcategories and change the order of categories?
You can create subcategories in two ways:
Click +Subcategory for a specific category.
Or drag one category into another, to create a subcategory.
Reordering can also be done by dragging the category to the desired location.